Monday 7 July 2014

Replacing a saw handle

Last weekend I finally bought my self a new folding Dozuki saw (link on the bottom)  and I'm supper happy with the way it cuts but the handle on it is crappy since it is only made out of cheap MDF board.

So since I'm planning on having this saw for the rest of my life (let's hope at least) I decided to make my self a new handle out of nice purpleheart wood!

Why purple heart wood? It was the only hard wood I had laying around so I hoped it will make a nice handle.  I ripped a a piece of purpleheart on the table saw the same width and thickness as the old handle, a few more cuts and wholes and I was done! 

Final product looks nice and feels awesome while cutting :)

http://www.leevalley.com/EN/gifts/page.aspx?p=41736&cat=4,104,53212&ap=8

No comments:

Post a Comment